I did a precon at Philly Dot Net’s Code Camp, and I promised that I would share the resources I talked about during the event. I’d like to thank everyone who attended the audience was attentive and had lots of great questions. So anyway here goes in terms of resources that we talked about during the session:
1) Automated build scripts for installing SQL Server.
2) Solarwinds free Database Performance Analyzer
3) Glenn Berry’s Diagnostic Scripts- (B|T) These were the queries I was using to look at things like Page Life Expectancy, Disk Latency on the plan cache, Glenn’s scripts are fantastic and he does and excellent job of keeping them up to date.
4) SP_WhoIsActive this script is from Adam Machanic (b|t) and will show you what’s going on a server at any point in time. You have the option of logging this to a table as part of an automated process.
5) Here’s the link to the Jim Gray white paper about storing files in a database. It’s a long read, but from one of the best.
Finally, my slides are here. Thanks everyone for attending and thanks to Philly Dot Net for a great conference.